04/21/2021 at 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Location:
1155 Technology Drive
O'Fallon, MO 63304
Social Security Benefit Options & Medicare 101
Both In-Person Classes in One Session
Course Code: SRMSS0421A
IMPORTANT COVID-19 SAFETY NOTE:
For you health and safety, physical distancing protocols will be followed. Seating will be limited to comply with CDC, state and local guidelines.
This course is offered FREE of charge
Advance Registration is required
Space is limited so register early!
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone Call 636-779-4121 (lines open 24/7)
SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFIT OPTIONS & MEDICARE 101
This course covers the need to know facts about both Social Security and Medicare.
This course is designed for those who are preparing for retirement, or in the early years of retirement and desire to know more about Social Security. Whether married or single, you will learn ways to grow your income.
Spousal, divorcee, and survivor benefits are given special emphasis. Other topics include when Social Security is taxed, whether you can file a restricted application, and how working may affect your benefit.
Social Security – What You Will Learn
- How and when to file for Social Security benefits
- When working can impact your Social Security benefits
- Who is affected by the Windfall Elimination Provision
- When spousal, divorcee, and survivor strategies can increase your income
- When other income affects the taxation of your benefits
- Ways to maximize your Social Security benefits
In addition, this educational course also covers what you need to know about Medicare.
This educational course information is designed to remove the confusion surrounding Medicare including what is covered and what is not covered – such as chronic long-term care. When and how to enroll in the four parts of Medicare is explained.
Medicare Supplements and Advantage Plans are given special attention including the advantages and disadvantages of each. When it might be possible to switch from one to the other is covered in this class.
Medicare – What You Will Learn
- When and how to enroll in Medicare
- Meaning of Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D
- How Original Medicare and Advantage Plans differ
- When an Advantage Plan may be best for you
- How your income may increase your Parts B and D costs
- When Medicare covers long-term care and the trigger that shifts costs to you
Reserve Your Spot
Don't miss these UPCOMING EVENTS at Staybridge Suites
- Social Security Benefit Options and Medicare 101 - In Person Class - 04/21/2021 - 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Social Security Benefit Options and Medicare 101 - In Person Class - 04/21/2021 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm