01/21/2020 at 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Location:
Washtenaw Community College - Morris Lawrence Building - Room 130
4800 East Huron River Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Washtenaw Community College
Morris Lawrence Bldg. – Room 130
Social Security Benefits & Medicare 101
Course Code: SJBWCC0121
This course is offered FREE of charge, but Advance Registration is required. Space is limited so register early!
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone – Call 734-292-8107 (lines open 24/7)
SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS & MEDICARE 101
BOTH COURSES IN ONE SESSION
This course covers the need to know facts about both Social Security and Medicare.
This course is designed for those who are preparing for retirement – or in the earlier years of retirement – and planning to file for Social Security benefits. It is designed to take the confusion out of Social Security for you.
Course topics include spousal, divorcee, and survivor benefits. Other covered areas include how continuing to work can affect your benefit and when Social Security benefits are taxed.
Most importantly you will learn how to elect the best filing option for your situation and the best time to file for your benefits.
Social Security – What You Will Learn
- Learn how to avoid the common mistakes people make when claiming their benefits
- Maximize the amount you are eligible to receive
- Optimize your assets to avoid or minimize paying taxes on your Social Security benefits
- Learn how much income you can earn and still draw Social Security benefits
- Understand how Social Security is taxed
- Learn ways you can file for Social Security
In addition, this educational course also covers what you need to know about Medicare.
You will learn the basics of Medicare so you can make an informed decision.
This course is designed to remove the confusion about Medicare including what is and is not covered.
The four parts of Medicare will be explained so you can better understand your options. Supplements and Advantage plans are given special emphasis so you can make an informed choice.
Medicare – What You Will Learn
- Discover the differences between Medicare Parts A, B, C and D
- Know the costs of each part and how they vary
- Understand the difference between traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans
- Determining the Supplement that works for you
- When Medicare covers long-term care expenses
- Changes to Medicare and how they affect your benefits
Reserve Your Spot
Sorry, this event is fully booked. To add your name to a waiting list, please call the telephone number shown on your invitation mailer. If there is a course code for this class on the invitation mailer, please have that information handy when you call.