01/23/2020 at 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm Location:
Seminole State College - Sanford Campus - Room UP2207
100 Weldon Blvd.
Sandford, FL 32773
Seminole State College – Sanford Campus
Social Security – Know Your Options
COURSE CODE: SDBSS0123
This Course is offered FREE of Charge, but
Advance Registration is Required
Register Early – Space is Limited
To Register –
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone call 407-606-8406 (lines open 24/7)
SOCIAL SECURITY – KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
MAXIMIZE YOUR BENEFIT!
MINIMIZE YOUR TAXES!
Dan Brooks from COFE’s Lake Mary Chapter will present a FREE educational workshop covering one of the most relevant and challenging financial topics Americans face today.
Educate yourself and know your options BEFORE filing for Social Security benefits … the wrong choices could cost you more than $100,000 over the course of your retirement!
Claiming Social Security At The Wrong Age May Reduce Your Benefit By Up To 57%
As you approach retirement, deciding when and how to claim your Social Security benefits – two of the most important decisions you’ll need to make – can be confusing, and even overwhelming. Applying for Social Security as soon as you become eligible at age 62 may seem like an attractive idea, but by doing so, you could significantly and permanently reduce your income and benefits for the rest of your life.
How do new laws or modifications impact your benefits and the way you make your election? Your Social Security claiming strategies can vary dramatically depending on numberous factors that the government doesn’t share directly with you. There is a lot of misinformation and confusion, and unfortunately the Social Security Administration cannot help.
Come and learn the basics of Social Security and the latest strategies for maximizing your benefits. This workshop will help you gain a clearer understanding of the options you have and the strategies you should consider BEFORE filing for your benefits. It will also teach you how to take an important aerial view of your retirement plan, by exploring how Social Security works in coordination with your other retirement assets.
Some of the Questions We’ll Answer:
- How could the decisions of the new administration affect my benefits?
- Is Social Security still going to be around when I need it?
- Which rules and regulations must I understand before deciding when to start my benefits?
- How much lifetime income do I stand to lose by filing for Social Security benefits at the wrong time?
- Why is the most frequently given advice not always the best advice?
- How can I reduce taxation on my Social Security after I start receiving my benefits?
- How are my benefits affected if I’m still working?
- Should I consider delaying the start of my Social Security benefits? What is the right choice for me?
- What options are most beneficial to married couples, according to current Social Security rules?
- If I’ve already filed for benefits, can I make a change?
- How will my Social Security income work together with all other income sources to provide the most secure retirement possible?
Join us for an insightful class and gain confidence through financial education!