02/06/2020 at 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Location:
Chattahoochee Technical College - Canton Campus - Bldg A Room 101
1645 Bluffs Parkway
Canton, GA 30114
Chattahoochee Technical College
Building A – Room 101
SOCIAL SECURITY – KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
COURSE CODE: SDECTC0206
This Course is offered FREE of Charge, but Advance Registration is Required.
Register Early – Space is Limited
To Register –
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone – call 678-562-1087
SOCIAL SECURITY – KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Social Security and Medicare are both complicated programs. It is to your advantage to understand how they work and how you can maximize your benefits. Wisely managing your Social Security and Medicare benefits starts with understanding the facts and knowing your options.
- Learn important RULES that affect WHEN and HOW you file for benefits
- Learn OPTIONS that can MAXIMIZE YOUR BENEFITS
- Learn HOW to MINIMIZE TAXES on your Social Security
- Learn STRATEGIES for COORDINATING SOCIAL SECURITY with other retirement income
Claiming Social Security at the wrong age may reduce your benefit by up to 57%
As you approach retirement, making decisions about Social Security and Medicare benefits – two of the most important decisions you’ll need to make – can be confusing and even overwhelming. Applying for Social Security as soon as you become eligible at age 62 may seem like an attractive idea, but by doing so, you could significantly and permanently reduce your income and benefits for the rest of your life.
With a new administration in office, what changes are coming? New laws or modifications to past laws may impact your benefits and the way you make your election. Your Social Security claiming strategies can vary dramatically depending on numerous factors that the government doesn’t share directly with you.
Come and learn the basics of Social Security and Medicare and the latest strategies for maximizing your benefits. This workshop will help you gain a clearer understanding of the options you have and which strategies you should consider before filing for your benefits. It will also teach you how to take an important aerial view of your retirement plan, by exploring how Social Security works in coordination with your other retirement assets.
Some of the Questions We’ll Answer:
- How could the decisions of the new administration affect my benefits?
- Is Social Security still going to be around when I need it?
- Which rules and regulations must I understand before deciding when to start my benefits?
- How much lifetime income do I stand to lose by filing for Social Security at the wrong time?
- How can I get the largest benefit while paying the least amount of taxes?
- How can I reduce taxation on my Social Security after I start receiving my benefits?
- How are my benefits affected if I’m still working?
- Should I consider delaying the start of my Social Security benefits? What is the right choice for me?
- What options are most beneficial to married couples, according to current Social Security rules?
- If I’ve already filed for benefits, can I make a change?
- What do I need to know about Medicare coverage, cost, open enrollment, and the need for supplemental insurance?
- How will my Social Security income work together with all other income sources to provide the most secure retirement possible?
REGISTER TODAY AND GET TO KNOW YOUR OPTIONS!
Reserve Your Spot
Don't miss these UPCOMING EVENTS at Chattahoochee Technical College – Canton Campus – Bldg A Room 101
- Social Security - Know Your Options - 02/06/2020 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm