10/15/2022 at 9:30 am - 11:30 am Location:
Gwinnett Technical College - Building 700 - Room 1201
5150 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Social Security – Know Your Options
In Person Workshop
Course Code: SBSGTL1015
This Course is offered FREE of Charge
Advance Registration Is Required
Register Early – Space is Limited
To Register –
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone 866-828-2295 (lines open 24/7)
SOCIAL SECURITY – KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Educate yourself and know your options BEFORE filing for Social Security benefits … the wrong choices could cost you more than $100,000 over the course of your retirement.
Claiming Social Security at the wrong age may reduce your benefit by up to 57%
As you approach retirement, deciding when and how to claim your Social Security benefits – two of the most important decisions you’ll need to make – can be confusing and even overwhelming. Applying for Social Security as soon as you become eligible at age 62 may seem like an attractive idea, but by doing so, you could significantly and permanently reduce your income and benefits for the rest of your life.
How do new laws or modifications impact your benefits and the way you make your election? Your Social Security claiming strategies can vary dramatically depending on numerous factors that the government doesn’t share directly with you. There is a lot of misinformation and confusion, and unfortunately the Social Security Administration cannot help.
Come and learn the basics of Social Security and the latest strategies for maximizing your benefits. This workshop will help you gain a clearer understanding of the options you have and which strategies you should consider BEFORE filing for your benefits. It will also teach you how to take an important aerial view of your retirement plan, by exploring how Social Security works in coordination with your other retirement assets.
Some of the Questions We’ll Answer:
- How could the decisions of the current administration affect my benefits?
- Which rules and regulations must I understand before deciding when to start my benefits?
- How much lifetime income do I stand to lose by filing for Social Security at the wrong time?
- How can I reduce taxation on my Social Security after I start receiving benefits?
- Should I consider delaying the start of my Social Security benefits?
- What options are most beneficial to married couples, according to current Social Security rules?
- How will my Social Security income work together with all other income sources to provide the most secure retirement possible?
BONUS TOPIC: INCOME FOR LIFE
Planning for retirement is a responsibility that causes anxiety for many. One way to lessen that anxiety is to develop a plan for managing the three main risks that could damage your retirement security.
- TIMING – Simply picking a bad year to retire, like 2000 or 2008 (or perhaps 2022), could dramatically lower the total amount of retirement income that your savings can generate.
- INFLATION – Considering that you could spend 25 – or more – years in retirement, rising prices are a major concern. How can you best plan for your retirement income to keep pace with inflation?
- LONGEVITY – With life expectancies increasing, your retirement income may need to last decades. How old is your oldest friend or relative? What if you lived that long, or longer?
Register Today to Maximize Your Benefit!
Reserve Your Spot
Bookings are closed for this event.