01/16/2020 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Location:
Upcountry History Museum - Downtown Greenville
540 Buncombe Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Upcountry History Museum
(Free parking behind the museum on Atwood Street)
Social Security – Know Your Options
Course Code: SCHUHM0116
This course is offered FREE of charge.
Advance Registration is required. Space is limited so register early!
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone Call 864-513-9961 (lines open 24/7)
SOCIAL SECURITY: KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Deciding when and how to claim Social Security benefits – two of the most important decisions you’ll need to make – can be confusing. Applying for Social Security as soon as you become eligible at age 62 may seem like an attractive idea, but by doing so, you could significantly and permanently reduce your income and benefits for the rest of your life.
This course will help you gain a clearer understanding of the options you have and which strategies you should consider before filing for Social Security benefits. It will also teach you how to take an important aerial view of your retirement plan by exploring how Social Security works in coordination with your other retirement assets.
We’ll answer the folllowing questions – and more
- How much lifetime income do I stand to lose by filing for Social Security at the wrong time?
- How can I get the largest benefit while paying the least amount of taxes?
- What options are most beneficial for married couples?
- Which rules and regulations must I understand before deciding when to start my benefits?
- How are my benefits affected if I’m still working?
- How will my Social Security income work together with my IRA/401(k) and other income sources to provide the most secure retirement possible?
Gain confidence through financial education!
Reserve Your Spot
Bookings are closed for this event.
Don't miss these UPCOMING EVENTS at Upcountry History Museum – Downtown Greenville
- Retirement Income Planning - "5 Steps to Success" - 01/21/2020 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm