11/09/2019 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Location:
Northeast Lakeview College - Library - Room 211
1201 Kitty Hawk Road
Universal City, TX 78148
Northeast Lakeview College
Library – Room 211
Maximizing Social Security
COURSE CODE: SJVNC1109
This class is offered FREE of charge but registration is required.
Classes Starting Soon … REGISTER TODAY!
Register On-Line Now or
Register by phone by calling 210-879-3104 (lines open 24/7)
MAXIMIZING SOCIAL SECURITY
One of the most important decisions you need to make before you retire is when and how to claim Social Security benefits. Abut half of retirees apply for Social Security as soon as they become eligible at age 62, but by doing so, they may significantly and permanently impact their income and benefits for the rest of their lives. The difference between the best and worst possible decision of when to start Social Security can be well over $100,000!
Learn important rules that affect the amount of retirement benefits you collect, as well as strategies for coordinating Social Security with other sources of retirement income!
What You’ll Learn:
- When your benefits may begin, and how the age at which you apply will affect the amount you receive
- How to maximize Social Security benefits and to minimize taxes on them
- Strategies to consider before deciding to apply for beneifts
- How your current employment will affect beneifts
- What to do if you have other income from pensions or IRAs
- What is the future of Social Security and what does it mean to you
- When it makes sense to delay benefits – and when it does not
- How the wrong Social Security decision can cost you money
- How two little known strategies could increase your family income and survivor benefits
- Can you fix your Social Security election if you make a mistake?
- How cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) impact benefits
- Learn how all of your assets fit together with Social Security to fund your quality of life in retirement
Reserve Your Spot
Bookings are closed for this event.