07/14/2022 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Location:
Wolcott Public Library
469 Bound Line Road
Wolcott, CT 06716
Social Security – Know Your Options
In Person Workshop
Course Code: SSSWL0714
This class is offered free of charge, but
Advance Registration is Required
Capacity is limited – Guarantee your spot by registering today
To Register –
Register on-line now! or
Register by phone 203-433-6280 (lines open 24/7)
Educate yourself and know your options BEFORE filing for Social Security benefits …the wrong choices could cost you more than $100,000 over the course of your retirement!
SOCIAL SECURITY – KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
IN PERSON WORKSHOP
As you approach retirement, deciding when and how to claim your Social Security benefits – two of the most important decisions you’ll need to make – can be confusing and even overwhelming. Applying for Social Security as soon as you are eligible at age 62 may seem like an attractive idea, but by doing so, you could significantly and permanently reduce your income and benefits for the rest of your life. Because of current Social Security filing rules, you literally have one shot at making the right decision for yourself, based on your own unique financial circumstances.
- Learn important RULES that affect WHEN and HOW you file for benefits
- Learn OPTIONS that can MAXIMIZE YOUR BENEFITS
- Learn HOW to MINIMIZE TAXES on your Social Security
- Learn STRATEGIES for COORDINATING SOCIAL SECURITY with other retirement income
This course will help you gain a clearer understanding of the options you have and which strategies you should consider before filing for Social Security benefits. It will also teach you how to take an important aerial view of your retirement plan, by exploring how Social Security works in coordination with your other retirement assets.
Some of the Questions We’ll Answer:
- How much lifetime income do I stand to lose by filing for Social Security at the wrong time?
- How can I get the largest benefit while paying the least amount of taxes?
- What options are most beneficial to married couples, according to current Social Security rules?
- Is Social Security still going to be around when I need it?
- Should I consider delaying the start of my Social Security benefits? What is the right choice for me?
- Which rules and regulations must I understand before deciding when to start my benefits?
- How are my benefits affected if I’m still working?
- How will my Social Security income work together with my IRA/401(k) and other income sources to provide the most secure retirement possible?
- If I’ve already filed for benefits, can I make a change?
REGISTER TODAY AND GET TO KNOW YOUR OPTIONS!
Reserve Your Spot
Bookings are closed for this event.